Fantasy craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a different kind of fantasy RP

Go down

a different kind of fantasy RP Empty a different kind of fantasy RP

Post  astilaborshadow Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:57 am

the concept:
this is something i've wanted to do for a while but never gotten around to it, in short is a cross between a RPG and turn based strategy game designed to be played in a forum. basically each player starts with a hero unit and a starting village they control with a number of basic workers, they then use the workers to either mine gold or build new buildings that cost gold, use gold to recruit new units or upgrade existing units, while they use their heros to explore the land and do quests, completing quests give the hero XP to level up and gold and possible to gain more units or unlock new more powerful units and buildings, players would also banter in the forum to either brag about their achievements of bluff to make them seem stronger.

how it would work:
i would play as a neutral referee for it and players would e-mail me with what they do each real life 24 hours, when major event happen like 1 player sends an army to attack another's town i would post this in the forum and annouce the outcome of the battle

rules:
each 24 hours a player can give each of their units 1 task, for example with a worker they can either build or mine, a military unit could train (if the right building is available), guard, quest with the hero, or attack a enemy town (if you know the location of the player you want to attack.

so far i'm still working on the stat of some of the units but basically there will be 2 factions to chose from one of which is complete enough to use which i will post here

the sun lords

units:

name: peasant
hp: 10
defence: 0
attack: 0
Work points: 5
Turn cost to train: 1
Base levelling XP: 10
XP steps: X2
Hp steps: +5
Work points steps : +5
Defence steps: +0
Attack steps: +0
Special rule: Call to arms to become militia
gold Cost: 3
Food upkeep: 1
Bed upkeep: 1

notes about the unit:
Work points, use for either mining or building determin how much they do each 24 hours, eg a peasant with Work points 5 could mine 5 gold each 24 hours.

Base levelling XP, how much XP they need for the next level (level 2)

XP steps, how much more XP they need for the next level, eg level 2 requires 10 XP, level ,3 requires 20 XP, level 4 requires 40 XP etc...

Food upkeep and bed up keep are produced by buildings which I will explain later

more information to come soon...
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

a different kind of fantasy RP Empty Re: a different kind of fantasy RP

Post  astilaborshadow Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:49 am

name: militia
hp: 15
defence: 1
attack: 5
Work points: 0
Turn cost to train: 0
Base levelling XP: 10
Hp steps: +8
Work points steps : +0
Defence steps: +1
Attack steps: +3
Special rule: Return to work to become peasant
gold Cost: 7 (refunded when unit reverts to peasant)
Food upkeep: 1

notes about the unit:
Hp steps, Work points steps, Defence steps, Attack steps, this shows how much these stats increase each level.

gold cost 7, Turn cost to train 0, this shows that it costs 7 to turn a peasant into a militia and which can be used in the same turn to attack or defend.

Return to work to become peasant, this ability refunds the 7 gold used to make the militia and turns it back into a peasant which can be used in the same turn.

name: Swords man
hp: 20
defence: 1
attack: 10
Turn cost to train: 2
Base levelling XP: 15
Hp steps: +10
Defence steps: +1
Attack steps: +5
Special rule: Shield lock, activated ability (+5 defence, -5 attack)
gold Cost: 15
Food upkeep: 2

notes about the unit:

Turn cost to train: 2, this meand that the unit take 2 lots of 24 hours to train, so if you start training this unit on day 1 you must wait until day 3 before you can use it to take actions.
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down