Fantasy craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you RP?

4 posters

Go down

Why do you RP? Empty Why do you RP?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Out of curiousity, I was wondering why you like to RP.
For me, I started back when I was 13. It was a great way to relieve sexual tension so I could focus on school. That's not as practical now, as at 15 my hormonal urges are much stronger, and quite bluntly, a pain in the ass since I'm ugly as fuck.
No, nowadays I think it's more that I'm so lonely that RP's are a good way to fantasize about a romance that I could never have... I love romance and the idea of love immensely, and I guess that because I know how much I can never have that sort of happiness I just fake it instead.
My psychologist said he was going to try and help me get a girlfriend but I think he's biting off a little more than he can chew if he thinks he's going to succeed.
So what about you? Why do you RP?

Back to top Go down

Why do you RP? Empty Re: Why do you RP?

Post  Akumamika Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 am

I started out rping before I knew what it was then asI got more into it it became like story writing for me. It helped me get ideas for my own stories, gave me something to talk about to my friend. Now that I do acting as well it gives me new ways to build up character information and background so it helps improve my work on stage. Because really role play is acting weather in costume, on a table top, on a computer or in text :3
Akumamika
Akumamika
Admin

https://fantasy-craft.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostTC Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 am

When I was younger, I would have these periods when my mind would be going so fast with imagined places and people that I literally couldn't function. So I decided to start writing. After a while, that got pretty boring, and my mind would fill up again, and I didn't want to write. So I was on this site that was sort of a NeoPets rip off, and the forums there had an RP section. I went and looked around for a bit and never had trouble clearing my head since. I really like being able to create characters and worlds and do almost anything with them.
GhostTC
GhostTC

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDDEN27 Wed May 04, 2011 4:57 pm

I Think Mine was more A relief of sexual tension kinda like Damian. I didn't know what it was really, i used to go on AIM chat sites and RP sexy scenes of me screwing the guy in class or the next door neighbor. It was quite bad at times, but i loved the way if made me feel. Later on it was more of me writing stories in notebooks, then hiding them. but Eventually masturbation and sex found its way into my life.
now RP... its fun. something to play out my sexual fantasies that i know are Never going to happen But its also more about feeling, the need and want of a companion. Someone who knows what i feel and/or feels it to. I want to share with them and learn with them.
so Rp is a great deal in my life. I dont think i could live without it. it takes me out of the bland, horrible life im living and puts me in an exciting new one.

In RP i can be a successful women who has a wonderful partner or finds the love of her life. What else can a person look for?
But in Rl im just some little girl, who has no one and nothing. Where is the excitement in that?

I live...
I am Happy...
I am Loved...
In Rp.
This is why.
And I can't Go back.
:/

HiDDEN27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Aw, hunny... You sound so much like me...
The difference is, though, that you're female. All you have to do is put yourself out there and you'll find someone, at least. I'm a male. I have to compete for a mate, or be brave enough to ask a female out, at least. I can't really do either of those things because I'm too scared...
But all you need to do is dress yourself up, put on some make-up an sit in a nightclub. Guys like pretty girls and that's all you need to attract one, if only for one night anyway.
Furthermore, those kinds of feelings are normal for females; I don't know of many males other than myself who feel the same way I do; who'd rather a friend and companion than a good fuck every night. Which is why I tend to respect females more than males; they're driven by thoughts and logic and emotion, rather than hormones and sex like disgusting males such as myself...
But I would guarantee you that you'd have an easier time getting a boyfriend than I'd have getting a girlfriend; I saw you're picture. You're very pretty. I'd be too scared to ask you out if i knew you. But I'm ugly, another failing in my desire for companionship... Ugliness means that few people even care whether or not you exist, let alone what you want, especially as far as school is concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDDEN27 Thu May 05, 2011 3:46 am

You can fix your self up to! >.> And don't say you cant. I have seen my fair share of guys at school who have Blossomed into Outrageously Handsome men... Makes me look like a fail at life really.

HiDDEN27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 3:51 am

I doubt it. If you saw me, I'm certain you'd think otherwise.
And I said already, you're really pretty. Any guy who walks by you is missing out. ^.~

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDDEN27 Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 am

Yeah well then men i always end up with are mean Assholes.
*Sniffs* I just want a cuddle buddy... to have sex with XD when ever i so please.

HiDDEN27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 am

Haha, you're telling me... Let me know if you're ever in Australia... ^.~

Back to top Go down

Post  Akumamika Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm

...ouch
Akumamika
Akumamika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Aww, don't be like that, kitten... I'm only flirting. I think... I'm not exactly sure what it is anyway... I know it's sexually suggestive, so I guess it's flirting...
I digress. I still love you, my gorgeous little tigress. I'm just playing with HiDDEN here. That's okay, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Akumamika Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 pm

i try and cheer you up and I get, aww i cant, ohh im not...hidden says something and you light up like a neon bulb, i tell you I love you and you doubt me, I tell you I like how you look and yet your still throwing al..never mind i'll stop there because your going to feel either depressed or angry about this and you will think that I hate you, I dont hate you im just feeling hurt..
Akumamika
Akumamika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 pm

For the record, sweetie, HiDDEN and I were having a PM discussion about her saying that I didn't believe what she said about me because I know no-one could feel that way about me.
And how can you say that, sweetie? I love you. You're my gorgeous tigress... Don't I tell you how much I love you for listening to all my shit and giving me such good advice?

Back to top Go down

Post  Akumamika Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm

you do but im starting to think you actually prefer being miserable since your so focused on it no one else can change your life you got to put in the effort to get anything back.
Akumamika
Akumamika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:33 am

Television17 wrote:Out of curiousity, I was wondering why you like to RP.
For me, I started back when I was 13. It was a great way to relieve sexual tension so I could focus on school. That's not as practical now, as at 15 my hormonal urges are much stronger, and quite bluntly, a pain in the ass since I'm ugly as fuck.
No, nowadays I think it's more that I'm so lonely that RP's are a good way to fantasize about a romance that I could never have... I love romance and the idea of love immensely, and I guess that because I know how much I can never have that sort of happiness I just fake it instead.
My psychologist said he was going to try and help me get a girlfriend but I think he's biting off a little more than he can chew if he thinks he's going to succeed.
So what about you? Why do you RP?

for me i didn't even know about online RP until i was 18, but then again the internet has not always been as big a thing as it is these days, it first started with stumbling across a forum wih a small part that was for furry RP there then i found a link to the furry sanctuary i started off with tame combat stuff which was fun at first but with out rules everyone just god mods where as with yiffy RPs you don't have quite so much stupid stuff in them like people flying in space with out anything more than magic to protect them, these day i like tame RPs if the theme is interesting to me and there is no god moding, but i mainly do yiffy ones cos they tend to be more fun for me.
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum