Fantasy craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17)

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17) Empty Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17)

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 am

synopsis of previous events: in this modern day world magic has replaced technology but it is still a rare gift to be able to use and control ones own magic, astilabator a young 13 year old black scaled dragon is one of the main characters in this story, she has just had her first heat and is starting to come into her own magical power, she befriends a golden scaled dragon called damius who is skilled in the art of magic and runs away to his home after a argumanet with her parents, at his home he begins to teach her magic and she discovers the powerful entities called dolls, after this revelation damius reveals his true feelings of love for her and she reciprocates these feelings of love to him, this is the story so far...

(it was your turn to post)
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17) Empty Re: Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17)

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:58 am

Damius kissed Astilabor's forehead.
"I'm sorry for suggesting it [mating]... I won't press it on you further."
He took the sack of rice, and scooped her a handful.
"Now, which element would you like to try next?"

[NB: Damius and Astilabor just emerged from the house of the former, and are now standing where the house should have been; after the door closed, it vanished to reveal an ordinary clearing, not far from where the two first met.]

Back to top Go down

Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17) Empty Re: Magic in the 21 century (private for me and TV 17)

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 pm

lets try earth then, how do i do that?
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 pm

"There are two ways you can do earth," He explained. "You can change the rice into earth by changing it to energy first, but that's horrendously impractical. It would be better to use the energy from the rice to manipulate the earth."
He scooped up some rice.
"For example, if I want a cube of earth, I need only imagine the outline of the cube under the earth..." As some of the rice popped out of existance, a perfect cube of earth rose from the ground and landed at her feet.
"You can either move it back to the hole as a practice, or," With energy merely from the air around him, Damius drew a square in the dirt.
"Or you can try lifting a block out of there. Don't try a cube; it's easier to master visual manipulation before you try imagining things."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

drawing on the energy i get from the rice i effortless lift the bit of earth you have marked out

"when i turn matter into energy and use it for a spell where does the enegy go after that?"
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Damius took the earth and made about 20 spheres. He had them vibrate.
"When matter is stable, it vibrates just a little. To move it, you move the air around it upward by giving it energy, which makes it vibrate faster." He demonstrated by vibrating the spheres faster.
"However, when these particles vibrate, they collide with other particles. These particles then absorb the energy the particles you want to move have, so you have to constantly supply them with energy. When you finish the spell, the particles simply hit other ones, and the energy dissipates. We see this energy as heat. Watch."
He used a single grain of rice, and pointed at the grass. It dried, then burst into flame. He used another grain to warm the air around them by a few degrees.

(This is actually how physics works, but I'm ommiting a bit of stuff just to make it easy for the RP)

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 pm

ok but since you gain a lot of energy when you convert matter into energy, and since energy is never lost, logically if you kept casting spells the area around you would get heavily saturated with energy, is that right?
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Damius thought.
"Potentially, yes... But the energy has to be stored to be saved... You can store it as potential energy. Or if you just released it into your surroundings they would get very hot, and that would store the energy for a while. Why?"

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:34 pm

how do you save the energy after you used it to cast a spell?
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm

"The best way to store energy is matter, especially dense matter. As the equation goes on mass, a block of gold will make more energy than a block of wood of the same size. However, carrying around large amounts of matter is heavy and impractical, so it's better just to use your surroundings, as everything is made of matter."
He pushed the spheres of earth forward, which spontaneously erupted into huge fireballs, scorching the nearby trees.
"Fire is the most practical element as it is energy. Heat and light energy. That means it can be made from the other elements, as well as any other matter."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 pm

i see, do all magic user get the power from their spells from matter? and is so what if we start running out of matter and where does all that energy go?
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 am

"Well, I'd imagine they all cast spells the same way... I can't imagine how it would work otherwise. The energy isn't lost, it just spreads out, so it seems like it's lost. If you drop a pebble in a lake, the ripples almost never go all the way to the edge. But just because you can't see it doesn't mean the water isn't still moving."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:23 pm

but if the energy is never converted back into energy when what happen when we start running out of matter?
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:25 am

"Well, we just perform the action in reverse."
He picked another rice grain, and exploded it into a fireball the size of a hay bale, then condensed it back into rice.
"Our magic works both ways. That way we can change matter back to energy as well."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:44 am

i see, so what now damius, what is the next lesson?
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:34 am

"Well," He told her, "As I said, what you learn is up to you. I'll only teach what you're willing to know. And I don't want to schedule you into something. Freedom. So what do you want me to teach you?"
He snapped his fingers, and idly played with the tongue of flame.
"If I might reccomend something, though, perhaps teleportation. It's one of the more useful spells."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 am

ok teach me how to do that please damius
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:07 pm

"Alright." He dissipated the flame and picked up a stone.
"The most important thing about teleportation, or more accurately, wormholes, is to ensure you know where you're going before you get there. Mess that up, and you're literally all over the place. When you travel with wormholes, you're moving space. You bend the space between you and your destination, then punch a hole and step through. A more elegant method is to step through the bent space..."
He changed the stone into a piece of paper.
"It might be easier to visualize. Imagine this piece of paper is space. Not the stars and stuff, the area we occupy. Normally, we just walk along the paper."
He slid a twig over the paper.
"But with wormholes..." He folded the paper in two, then punched a hole in it with the twig and pushed it through.
"Much quicker. You have to seal the wormhole immediately after you finish, or people can follow you, though."
He turned the paper back into a rock and tossed it to her.
"Use the rock. I don't want you getting hurt, so you should practice first."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

taking the rock I concentrate and drawing on the residue power in the air I find that there is more than I need to use the spell and manage to teleport the rock a few feet away
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 pm

Damius jumped and clapped his paws.
"Gods, you learn quickly!" He floated the rock into his paw.
"This time, I'm going to throw the rock just to your side, in case you get it wrong. Try and teleport it while it's moving."
He tossed the rock to her left.

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 am

i concentrate again and create a black portal that the rock goes into. then i comes out of another one hurling past you at double its speed narrowly missing you making me gasp in shock

"i'm so sorry, i didn't mean for that to happen, i'm sorry damius"
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:36 am

Damius saw the rock fly past and span around, bending the rock's momentum around him and hurtling it like a rocket through a tree to Astilabor's right.
"Nonsense. If I can't react quickly enough then I deserve to be hit by it."
He reached into the ground, and pulled a rabbit from the ground.
"Let's try something more complicated."
He put the rabbit on the ground and held it there telekinetically.
"Move this rabbit towards you using portals."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:01 am

i concentrate hard and make the rabbit teleport in front of me

"ok, not too hard now"
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:05 pm

"Gods, you learn quickly..." He purred,
"You'll surpass me in a few months like this..." He added.
"If you're confident you can try it on yourself. If not, practice on the rabbit a little more."

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 pm

concentrating hard i teleport myself around a few times, each time the distance is greater until i feel very confidant about it and finish next to you and hug you close to me "now what damius?"
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next