Fantasy craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

magic the gathering game thread (public for anyone to observe and participate in)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

magic the gathering game thread (public for anyone to observe and participate in) - Page 2 Empty Re: magic the gathering game thread (public for anyone to observe and participate in)

Post  astilaborshadow Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm

(the attack rule is not wrong because i have used abyssal spectre and an eldrazi both have effects that happen when they attack an opponent and it is always the opponent opposite the attacker that is affected never the other one)
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

magic the gathering game thread (public for anyone to observe and participate in) - Page 2 Empty Re: magic the gathering game thread (public for anyone to observe and participate in)

Post  Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am

(I can't find anything on the targeting of players in Two-Headed Giant, although if this situation occurred in a game I was judging, I'd allow either player to sacrifice creatures because Two-Headed Giant is a special format. As for the combat, however;
810.7d As the declare blockers step begins, the defending team declares blockers. Creatures controlled by the defending players can block any attacking creatures. The defending team has one combined block, and that set of blocking creatures must be legal as a whole. See rule 509.1.)

I draw, play a Plains, then tap 4 for another Kithkin Rabble (I keep getting the same cards...). Then I end my turn.

Hand: 2
Lands: 4 tapped, 2 untapped plains
Permanents: 2 white enchantments, one kithkin rabble (3/3, vigilance)
Graveyard: Order of Whiteclay, Wizened Cenn, Kithkin Rabble

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm

(ok well lets not argue over this ruling its only a game after all)

nicole: i play a swamp and tap all but one island to do the following, use the effect of Wayfarer’s Bauble to get another swamp tapped, summon Dreamscape Artist and play Elixir of Immortality and thats all i'm doing this turn
Lands: 2 tapped island 1 tapped mountain 3 tapped swamp, 1 untapped island
Permanents: 1 enchantment 4 quest counters on it, 2 artifacts, 1 Vesper Ghoul 1/1 black creature, 1 Dreamscape Artist 1/1 blue crature.
Graveyard: 2 evolving wilds, 2 Wayfarer’s Bauble, 1 foresee
LP pool: 32

sorrin: i play Go for the Throat targeting Lullmage Mentor.

me: i couter that with Negate which activates the effect of Lullmage Mentor giving me a 1/1 merfolk creature token which become a 2/2 thanks to Merrow Reejerey.

sorrin: the I play vampire nighthawk and we end our turn
Lands: 5 tapped swamps
Permanents: : Gatekeeper of Malakir: 2/2 black vampire warrior. vampire nighthawk: 2/3 black vampire shaman creature flying life-link death-touch.
Graveyard: vampire Nocturnus, Vampire Nighthawk, Geth's Verdict, Go for the Throat
Hand: 3

me: *smiles* i play Clout of the Dominus on Lullmage Mentor giving it +1/+1 and shroud, just perfect to protect the cornerstone card of my deck. thats all i'm doing this turn want to save my manna for a counter spell or 4 *grins at bolas knowingly*
Lands: 1 tapped islands, 4 untapped island
Permanents: 1 enchantment on Lullmage Mentor. Merrow Reejerey: 2/2 blue merfolk Soldier creature, Merrow Harbinger 3/4 blue merfolk wizard crature, Lullmage Mentor 4/4 blue merfolk wizard creature shroud. 1 merfolk token: 2/2 blue merfolk creature
Graveyard: Dream Fracture, Negate
Hand: 4
LP pool: 29
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:42 am

I'll just draw, and tap 3 for another Order of Whiteclay, and then I'm done.

Lands: 3 tapped, 3 untapped plains
Permanents: 2 white enchantments, one kithkin rabble (4/4, vigilance), one Order of Whiteclay (1/4)
Graveyard: Order of Whiteclay, Wizened Cenn, Kithkin Rabble

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 am

sorrin: i play feast of blood targeting kithkin rabble then i play Gatekeeper of Malakir  with his kicker cost and chose damian as the target of the effect now you have to sacrifice a creature you control with is now only Order of Whiteclay.
Lands: 5 tapped swamps
Permanents: :2 Gatekeeper of Malakir: 2/2 black vampire warrior. vampire nighthawk: 2/3 black vampire shaman creature flying life-link death-touch.
Graveyard: vampire Nocturnus, Vampire Nighthawk, Geth's Verdict, Go for the Throat, feast of blood
LP pool: 36

nicole: i use the effect of dreamscape artist to sacrifice one of the islands that i have to tap to use the effect and discard Quest for Ancient Secrets from my hand then i put a island and a mountain into the field.
Lands: 1 tapped island, 2 untapped mountain, 1 tapped swamp, 2 untapped island, 2 untapped swamp
Permanents: 1 enchantment 6 quest counters on it, 2 artifacts, 1 Vesper Ghoul 1/1 black creature, 1 Dreamscape Artist 1/1 blue crature.
Graveyard: 2 evolving wilds, 2 Wayfarer’s Bauble, 1 foresee, Island, Quest for Ancient Secrets.
they end their turn

me: i draw and that's all i'm doing for now
Lands: 1 tapped islands, 4 untapped island
Permanents: 1 enchantment on Lullmage Mentor. Merrow Reejerey: 2/2 blue merfolk Soldier creature, Merrow Harbinger 3/4 blue merfolk wizard crature, Lullmage Mentor 4/4 blue merfolk wizard creature shroud. 1 merfolk token: 2/2 blue merfolk creature
Graveyard: Dream Fracture, Negate
Hand: 5
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:48 am

I draw, and tap 5 plains for Resplendent Mentor, since I can't do much else. After that, I'll end my turn.

Lands: 5 tapped, 1 untapped plains
Permanents: 2 white enchantments, one Resplendent Mentor (2/2)
Graveyard: Order of Whiteclay (X2), Wizened Cenn, Kithkin Rabble (X2)

Back to top Go down

Post  astilaborshadow Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:46 pm

sorrin: i play feast of blood targeting Merrow Reejerey.

me: i couter it with negate.

sorrin: then i play another feast of blood targeting the same creature

me: i don't counter it.

sorrin: then thats all i do this turn.
Lands: 4 tapped swamps, 1 untapped swamp
Permanents: :2 Gatekeeper of Malakir: 2/2 black vampire warrior. vampire nighthawk: 2/3 black vampire shaman creature flying life-link death-touch.
Graveyard: vampire Nocturnus, Vampire Nighthawk, Geth's Verdict, Go for the Throat, 3 feast of blood
Hand: 1
LP pool: 40

nicole: i use the effect of dreamscape artist to sacrifice one of the swamps i tapped to use the effect and discard another Quest for Ancient Secrets to put two swamps into the field. and then we end our turn.
Lands: 1 tapped island, 1 untapped mountain, 1 tapped mountain, 2 untapped island, 4 untapped swamp
Permanents: 1 enchantment 6 quest counters on it, 2 artifacts, 1 Vesper Ghoul 1/1 black creature, 1 Dreamscape Artist 1/1 blue crature.
Graveyard: 2 evolving wilds, 2 Wayfarer’s Bauble, 1 foresee, Island, 2 Quest for Ancient Secrets, swamp
LP pool: 40

me: i play an island and thats all i'm doing this turn.
Lands: 0 tapped islands, 6 untapped island
Permanents: 1 enchantment on Lullmage Mentor. Merrow Harbinger 2/3 blue merfolk wizard crature, Lullmage Mentor 3/3 blue merfolk wizard creature shroud. 2 merfolk token: 1/1 blue merfolk creature
Graveyard: Dream Fracture, 2 Negate, Merrow Reejerey 
Hand: 4
astilaborshadow
astilaborshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2